2011/11/27

my ikea christmas

 A tedious Sunday evening after a tedious Sunday whole day of studying resulted in a quick trip to IKEA. As December is coming up I was in dire need of gingerbread biscuits and glögg to fulfill my Christmas spirit. And look what welcomed myself and my friend Rin outside: a whole busload of Christmas trees! They were real ones and the smell was magical. For a moment I considered getting one as they cost about £17, or 180 SEK but there is no bloody space in my room! Ah, that smell though. Lush.
Food, food, food!

 And see here what I found in the Food Court: lussekatter! No idea how to translate that into English, but you get the deal. Very Swedish, very Christmassy. I don't really care much for them to be honest, but it had to be done. Every Christmas I eat them; every Christmas I wonder why. They do look nice though, and the little board thing beside it had an explanation as to where the name comes from. That's more than I know.


 After having paid for the gingerbread-scented candle and my new carrot soft toy (hereafter referred to as Mr C) it was time for the reason at least I'd gone there - Food Shop. Gingerbread houses, Christmas ham (very traditional, although not for a veggie as myself obviously - IKEA, where's the vegan ham???), super extraordinary expensive gingerbread biscuits and lots and lots more.


Mr C.


Usual IKEA food stuff. Super cheap ice cream at roughly 5 SEK / £0.40 etc. This is my happy place.

Today's treasures. The gingerbread biscuits were 700 yen, or £6, or 65 SEK; glögg £8 / 75 SEK; + the essential raisin and almond for a lovely £0.70 / 8 SEK. Very happy (and soon fat-ter) lady.

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment