2011/12/11

fake food

 Maybe you've seen it in some countries, maybe not, but over here in Japanlands the restaurants tend to have some fake samples of their food outside to sort of show what they have to offer. As part of my Arts Workshop class we learnt how to make them, and made some ourselves. As you can tell (and as my brother so nicely pointed out) I'm gaining some seriously valuable knowledge on my year abroad. Anyhuu.

This (right) is what we were given to start with. They're made out of wax and would form the basis of our tempura.

So we'd take some paraffine and sort of squirt it into cold water to make it into an uneven surface thing. Then we put the wax food imitations and folded them in the paraffine. Done. Simple as that.


 Mucho proud over my achievement...

The result. Epic, isn't it? Not entirely sure what to do with them now, but I suppose that's another Christmas gift to check off the list.

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment