2012/04/06

bitch is back


Family has ventured back home to a snowy Scandinavia, and so abandoned me all alone in a cherry-blossoming Japan. The past two weeks have been paradoxically intensely stressful and intensely wonderful. With little sleep - late nights to have dinner and ensuing drinks with them - and early morning to sneak-partake in touristy breakfast, I am absolutely beat. Add to that a wee bit of pressure to handle all map-reading, guiding, and Japanese speaking.

Nevertheless - I've seen so much more of Tokyo than I had before! We did not leave one single corner unexplored and I now know Shibuya, Omotesando, Harajuku, and Asakusa well enough to conduct guided tours blindfolded and walking backwards (if you're interested, message away - I give special price, only for you [read in Greek accent]).

Now we're back in uni business and currently we are browsing classes, trying to decide what courses to take this term. So far it looks like one about Geisha (with an actual geisha!), one Japanese aural comprehension class (I'm not the top newbie in this one - someone had never studied Japanese before - yay!) and perhaps, just maybe, a personal secret seriously interesting and useful project. No jinxing for that one, and I'll know in a few weeks if it works out. As usual - watch this space.

All of the above means that yours truly is back - and she's chilling in her brand new kimono! Today I ate sushi wearing it and felt proper Japanese. Like my dear family would have said: hai, hai! (no, it doesn't make sense; bah, I miss you).

'Til next time - ta!

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment