2012/04/13

fail of the day: tea-tastic!

It has happened again: I have failed. Or should I say possibly failed, for I don't know yet for sure. Let me explain.

In my lovely gym, fancy as it is, they sometimes have tastings of products they're selling. They sell all types of things - clothes, protein products, and other health-related stuff. Today was tea-time. As the utter teaoholic I am I could simply not resist trying the 'Healthy Detoc' (oh, Japan) tea on offer. The nice lady gave me a cup and started chatting me up, and she turned out to speak rather good English. Where are you from? Are you a student? - you get the picture.

Now, said tea was 2,600 yen for a packet. That's roughly £23, or 250 SEK. In other words, absolutely f*ing ridiculous. As the Japanese are so polite and indirect and so on, I wanted to turn the nice lady down in a similarly non-rude way. So I gave her the classic "I don't have money now - are you here all week?" speech.

Little did I know that the sly woman would not be so easily swayed. She offered to leave a packet in the reception with my name on it so I could pay next time I came - "are you coming tomorrow?"

To save myself I smiled and said I'd think about it - then rather literally ran away from the woman, whose exterior was smiling and beaming and thankful - but I swear I could hear the faint echo of an evil laugh worthy of any cartoon villain ever.

So it remains to be seen whether I've bought this 'super healthy' tea for a smaller fortune or not. I'm seriously thinking about skipping the gym session tomorrow simply because of this little incident. Of course, if she has left the packet in the reception there's no escaping it! Unless - unless! - I quit the gym altogether and re-register under a fake name. There's an idea...

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment