2012/07/02

veggie adventure III: mr bean


I actually went to Mr Bean a while ago, and I did not take any photos of the food but nonetheless, here goes. It's located within Shibuya station, or just outside the Central Exit, in the Tokyu Building. The look is rather inconspicuous and I've walked past it for months without noticing. Or maybe that says more about my non-observative nature, I don't know.

Regardless, it's a cute little stall which sells tofu ice cream, soy milk drinks, soy snacks and cakes etc. Given that I'm a huge fan of tofu ice cream, this was a great discovery.

The ice cream is tofu-esque to the max! If you're sensitive to soy taste, don't come here, for it has a rather intense flavour. If you, like me, enjoy a bit of soy-joy - do not hesitate. 250 yen each, and so good.

We also tried the soy custard pancake-looking thing which wasn't popular. The actual cake tasted a bit too much of egg, and the soy custard was a bit much. 150 yen, however, so no significant sum to cry over. If you like sweet and eggy sweets - shoot. There is an anko (red bean) version as well.

Link: http://www.mrbean.com.sg/store_overseas_japan.aspx

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment