2012/07/15

veggie adventure VIII: vegecafe

Last one for now, I promise. I'll update on something else before the next one. BUT! This place - Omotesando Vegecafe - was nothing less than utterly amazing! It was located on a tiny side street close to Jingu-mae Station and was rather inconspicuous despite its bright green colours. It's mainly a take-out place and only has 7 seats inside, but was cosy nonetheless.



As you can see, literally a narrow space with a bar disk-like eating area. It's not a place you spend hours in, obviously, but perfect for a quick bite while shopping or, in my case, after a museum visit. 

Their speciality is soy meat, and it comes in 5 different flavours. You can order either just the soy meat in 3 sizes, or in M/L with brown rice and cabbage. 


Menu. 720 yen for a L size soy meat (huge!), and 680 yen for one L size with rice.


Being the fatty I am I chose the L size with rice. As for the soy meat you can choose between 5 flavours: Veggie mayo, Tomato, something, something else, and mine - Spicy Korean. The bowl was a lot bigger than I expected but happy hungry me devoured it nonetheless.


Lots of yummy soy meat with sort of spicy Korean flavours.


I definitely recommend this place, especially if you find yourself hungry in the Harajuku area. It's easy to find, cheap, super friendly staff, English menu, and most importantly - so delicious! I will try to go back once before leaving Tokyo. Who wants to join?


They also sold merchandise with the mascot + logo on! I'm such a sucker for stuff like this so I got the whole lot. In fact, I spent more money on these than the actual food! So lame. But they were so cute, ne?! At least I didn't get the thermos...although...maybe next time...

Link: http://www.vegecate.com/

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment