2012/05/25

eurovision!

Eurovision Song Contest - highlight of the year. Europe comes together to compete in music and hundreds of millions of people watch it. I'm always one of them. I love it. I love it more than I love the football World Cup.

This year is no exception and after careful consideration and contemplation, I have reached a top-5 list for what I think will be the outcome of the final. It is partly based on opinion, partly on predicting what people will vote for (they do rarely coincide). Click the country to watch! As follows (no particular order):

1. Sweden 
Obviously biased, but I really do think this is worthy of top placement, and even first!

2. Russia
Sad, but true.

3. Cyprus
Love it.

4. Serbia

5. Jedward
They should, at least.

I'm quite wrong here, and I do realise that. More countries from the east will claim top placements (even though I can't imagine who it'd be) and Norway will certainly be top 10! It all comes down to the final performance, mind, and a lot can happen. Yes, I'm a nerd for this and I'm currently investigating future career opportunities with the event. How amazing would that be!

Anyway, tonight (this morning, 4am) is the big grande finale and I am so excited and nervous. I'm watching it with people - never a good idea. I get a little too patriotic and too wannabe-knowledgeable about it. That works best when you're on your own but I shall try to restrain myself. Gosh, I'm rambling. I can't wait!

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment