2012/05/26

swedenvision!

We did it, Sweden, we finally made it all the way! Sweden won the Eurovision Song Contest with Loreen and 'Euphoria' and that's the most suitable word to describe my feelings right now.


On so many levels, this song is pure perfection, and says so much about Sweden in 2012. It might not be apparent to non-Swedish people, but it represents so much more than just words and a melody. Also, given how much money, time, and effort that Sweden puts into the ESC, I think it was long coming and much well deserved. In the past years we've had good songs, but perhaps not of winning calibre. This year was different. It's the best song Sweden's ever had for sure - perhaps even the best the ESC has seen...? But I'm biased, of course.

Nevertheless, next year Sweden will host the contest - eek! - and I'll assure you I'll hang around at the end of May. Tonight was a dream come true for my country, and I hope we will show you what the Eurovision is all about for us next year.

I'm still in somewhat disbelief. This is wonderful!

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment