2012/05/05

hokkaido pt III: food


 Omuraisu: rice wrapped in omelette. Here with fresh tomato and ruccola. This is yummy stuff.


 Ice cream every day! Hokkaido is famous for milk, so that's the special one. Also melon, god knows why.

 NB! Not mine. Salmon sashimi with rice. 

 Katsudon. Pork with egg (?).

 Me, me, me! Veggie tempura with rice and pickles (tsukemono). The pink stuff is cherry blossom salt, and the green is green tea salt.

 Crab galore for my girls, whereas for me...

 ...more veggie tempura and rice. Also the nice staff gave me fruit as I had to ask them to remove the crab and the udon noodles (fishy sauce).

 Sapporo limited edition Classic beer. Needless to say....disgusting. Beer is not my cup of tea.

Ramen is meat broth with pork and noodles and veggies. Really, really traditional. So, naturally, I went into a ramen-only restaurant and asked them to do it veggie for me. Don't think I made any friends there.


Next up: onsen!

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment