2012/05/20

solar eclipse


When I was younger I remember there was a solar eclipse (or was it lunar....) in Sweden. They told me I'd never see it again as it only happens every 100 years or so.

Little did I know I would, only a few years later, experience it again.

In the Land of the Rising Sun, it's an annual event. So at 7am this morning we woke up, grumpy as appropriate, and ventured out to observe the light in the sky. It was beautiful. It's so dramatic, isn't it?! Partially, partially, slowly, slowly, the sun is hidden in a dark orange light, like a secret whispering for you to keep it, or else...

(Also, it was of course accompanied by the typical Japanese "oooooh" and "eeeh" and "sugoiiii" + applause every time it appeared from behind the clouds.  - Funny, funny, funny!)

Jo x

2 comments:

  1. sorry to say it was annular eclipse, not annual eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous, I see - that makes more sense. I just took it as an Engrish mistake! I shan't be looking for it next year then ;)

    ReplyDelete