2011/10/03

been there, done that - got the hoodie?!

Unless you have the hoodie, it never happened. Such is my firm belief. Two years ago I pulled on the RHUL Bears hoodie for the first time and boy, has it been used since. Autumn 2011, another hoodie lies closest to my heart (literally speaking...) - Keio University. It has that fuzzy warm cosy feeling that only a new hoodie before the first wash can give; it's not yet destroyed by ill-advised laundry handling, or messy eating. I love it. After a long day I can think of few better things than to crawl up in bed snuggled up in said hoodie, and take on the online Japanese tests. Wait, what? Minus the tests (even though I'm rocking them at the moment...sort of).

I've been on campus all day pretty much. Had to hand in my course registration (list a few posts down is settled) at 1pm and then didn't have class until 4.30pm. I had big plans for the day. Major, even. There was Japanese to be learnt, resumes to be written, films to be watched, and notes to be taken. My bag was heavy and I even brought my laptop! Well, 'failure' seems close at hand. Ended up watching half the film - nothing more. The rest of the day was spent faffing around, doing, well, I actually don't know what I've been doing.

Spent about half an hour in the co-op trying to figure out which onigiri (rice seaweed sandwich type of thing) that didn't have meat in it (I reached no conclusion), then heading over to the cracker section in hunt for something to eat. Found a yummy-looking apple biscuit thingy which turned out to contain butter (JoJo vs Japanese 1-0), then stomping back to the fridge to have another look at the onigiri, and so on and so forth. I'm pretty sure the staff may have been laughing at me, but perhaps that's just paranoia speaking.

In the end I went with more or less plain rice (only safe option) and dark chocolate. What a rockstar.

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment