2011/10/21

swedish project: revealed

Recognise the face above? Sure you do. Who is it then? Johanna? That'd be Johanna-sensei for you, please. That's right - I've gone against one of my top-3 Principles of Life and become a teacher. The JoJo has got a job!

Thus is the Swedish Project revealed and divulged and disclosed all at once. A few weeks ago I sent an e-mail to the Swedish school in Tokyo, basically saying Hi, I'm here, I'm Swedish, hire me? and I got a semi-positive reply saying that they'd keep my name etc. In other words, never thought I'd hear from them again. But I did. Yesterday. I missed the calls and only returned them this morning. Turns out they needed someone and asked me to come in already this evening! I just got back now.

You are officially reading the words of the new Teaching Assistant at Tokyo International School! Once a week I'll go to Mita (close to where my university is) and help, or 'assist' if you will, the teacher (24 years old guy) in a group with fourteen 6-8 year-olds! I'll do a total of 2 hours' work but they have small breaks in between sessions. The kids all seem very nice and it was so good to be able to speak some Swedish again! Maybe I won't forget it after all.

So yes, those are the big news. Very happy lady at the moment. Might have been the glass of wine I had with my new colleagues after class (I'm such a lightweight these days) but I'll take the current state of mind as a positive one.

Tomorrow I'm going to a gay club. Stay tuned for updates/photos/souvenirs (ew, no). Don't want to miss that!

Jo x

2 comments:

  1. I was so close! I totally missed the obvious guess and went to the more outlandish one! Bugger.

    In other news.... CONGRATULATIONS. This is awesome dude, well done. Now, then, I'm counting the days before romance between you and Mr Teacher begins. Lost in Translation anyone??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nämen... Grattis Johanna!! Gud vad roligt! Vilket fantastiskt jobb att få lära ut något man faktiskt är bra på :D

    Förresten, har jag tänkt på dig sen mitt uppvaknade igår morse - för jag drömde att jag flytta tillbaka till vår gamla Oslolägenhet. Sjukt stark dröm, varför den kom nu är dock högst oklart. Marius var där! :D Det som skiljde sig från verkligheten var att det hade flyttat in 14 (!) svenskar, haha... Ingen ville sova i mitt gamla rum för det var så kallt, så de föredrog att tränga ihop sig på några få rum... Sen hade hallen renoverats till ett avlångt fräscht badrum med massor duschar (typ som i ett omklädningsrum). Och det var en i lägenheten som ville stämma Per. Hahah! Kramkram

    ReplyDelete