2011/10/26

confidential project: unconfidentialised

As promised earlier, it is time to reveal the second project, a.k.a Confidential Project. I choose now as the time to divulge its secrets because it is more or less settled and ascertained, and there is little more to risk being jinxed by talking/writing about it. Me? Superstitious? Never!

It actually ties in a wee bit with the Swedish Project. My life-long vow never ever to be a teacher has been breached and broken and blindsided brutally as I will also, as well as teaching at the Swedish school, do private tutoring! Yes, that's right - more job, more teaching.

Currently I have two regular students, but this number may increase to four (although I'm not sure I have time for that many). Basically I see these people once a week in a coffee shop or other, one hour at a time each, and teach them English. They already have some solid knowledge - Japanese people tend to know grammar well, but lack in conversation and pronunciation - so it's more or less conversation classes. Being paid for chatting, essentially (gosh, it sounds wrong - is that bad? Luckily I have no conscience). I'm also having them read The Little Prince by Antoine Saint-Exupéry. That's how I learnt French so I thought it'd be a good idea.

So there you go. A little extra money (which are currently being put into a jar to be saved for a special occasion) for this lady and some extra experience to put on the resume.

Now all we have left is the Super Secret Project. It has not progressed at all, but as soon as it does, I'll be sure to let you know. Hopefully events this week will have some positive effect on it. We shall see...

Jo x

1 comment:

  1. You really should be a writer. The tremendous excitement you manage to impart by the withholding and then dissemination of information is astonishing. I am literally giddy with glee about the prospect of the super secret project!

    Awesome by the way. Paid for chats!

    ReplyDelete