2011/09/12

testing testing

I have officially made my first attempt at cooking. The result? Well...if you don't count the potentially disastrous setting of fire to the ends of the noodles (gas stove) and the blackened tops of finger hair - splendid! I won't go too much into taste and so on: we need to keep it clean. This is my Asian version of proper Western student's food: buckwheat noodles, tofu and tomato sauce. As I have yet to buy salt I must admit it was slightly - well, to be nice - bland.

Looks about right, no?


In other news I shopped laundry and washing up liquid. Exciting isn't it? Well, at least I hope I bought those things. I went by myself and you never know what I ended up with. They were nice enough to put "Fresh camomille" on the front of the (supposed) laundry bottle so whatever it will do to my clothes, they'll at least smell nice! As for the (again, supposed) washing up liquid, it seemed to work fine earlier so in all honesty I don't care if it's really something else. Oh well.


It's been a quiet day in general, perhaps for the best. Tomorrow is the big Japanese Language Test (yes, they even capitalised it!). Three (!) hours of writing, listening and comprehension exercises. What I'll be doing, I have no idea. Three hours of scratching of head, doodling dogs and/or staring out of the window most likely. I wouldn't even know where to put my name so it does feel more than a little pointless.

But as the good student I am, I will of course be there, 9AM sharp, ready to draw the most inspired picture an international student has yet drawn in three hours at Keio.

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment