2011/09/19

potlucking

Second Welcome Party in two days today. This time in the shape of a potluck party! In my endeavours I found out that I officially cannot cook. I mean, sure, (as my former flatmate pointed out) I sort of already knew this fact about me, but today it became official. Zero imagination, zero skill. Not the best combination I'll admit. But I swished something together with noodles and tofu and veggies and Chinese chili sauce (thank frick for chili sauce - can save anything!) and people said it looked good so got to be happy with that. And it tasted fine, really.

Party was nice and after the name bingo (don't even ask) they brought out the booze. Gin and beer all the way around - the two beverages I cannot take. Took a little gin for the team and it only reminded me and assured me that it is indeed a terrible, terrible drink. Some people had a wee bit more than a little, and got very, very jolly.

Only two more days of freedom before classes start now, and I have officially learnt all the Hiragana symbols. Now it's only a matter of remembering them. They're almost like 50+ new tiny friends, each with their own characteristics and twists and twirls. It's kind of cute. I like it. Ask me again after the test on Thursday and we'll see how much I like it then...

Oh, and one of the French girls who is absolutely lovely plays basketball and wants to find a team here! I will finally have a legitimate reason to stalk and spy on their trainings/games! Win!

Jo x

1 comment:

  1. Yay for memorizing the hirgana!

    I regret not joining you guys for the gin shots. I can tell that Vivien and Serruria got a wee bit happy today :D

    ReplyDelete