2011/09/29

thursdays

I'll admit I've never been a huge fan of Thursdays. Not that I've disliked them particularly; they've just sort of floated by without any special feelings of neither joy nor dismay. Up until now that is. I officially strongly dislike Thursdays. With a total of four classes, or six hours of class, it's a miracle I survive. It's lucky I'm not a drama queen...

The morning start off with a brain-frying 3 hours of Japanese after which I have about 2 hours to regain brain capacity (this will be done through coffee - at that time I was ready to throw in the towel) before it's time for the next Japanese class where it is much needed, rest assure. A little break later, at 6.10pm and the final class begins. Fortunately this is my favourite class - the Arts Workshop! At the moment we are working on collage self-portraits, and I've come off to a pretty decent start. Might reveal my artistic masterpiece when it's done, who knows.



Today I did it. Finally. As I have waited, and waited, and waited. During one of my breaks I ventured to the very end of campus, down a gazillion stairs (or so it felt) then up some and into the corner of the building I'd just entered. And there they were. Just lying all alone, reaching out for me.

The hoodies. The Keio hoodies. Available in navy blue and grey, with a discreet Keio University logo on the chest, for a very decent price. Got the one in grey and it's all soft and new and lush! I love it already!

Only problem is that I am now broke. As in, broke broke. My account currently holds 50 yen, and my wallet 300 yen. So roughly possessing a fortune of £4 at the moment. My bank transfer from Sweden hasn't exactly come through yet and I dearly hope it comes tomorrow. But as I don't have class at Mita tomorrow I would have had to wait the WHOLE WEEKEND if I didn't get the hoodie today. Pah, as if. It's a good thing I know my priorities.

Isn't it lovely though? Totally worth living like a hobo for a few days, right?

Jo x

ps. The nice weather is back and a steady 25 degrees and bright sun have made our days a little more fabulous here.

No comments:

Post a Comment