2011/09/18

partying

Quiet day with a wee trip to the gym and coffee with a Japanese friend of a friend (but who's now just a friend, not friend-of-a-friend. Got it?). In the gym I checked out their spa area. Amazing stuff! There is a hot tub and showers where you can either sit down (very strange) or stand up in a private cubicle. They even provide you with shampoo, conditioner and body soap! After you've had your shower you go dry off in the body driers before heading back in to the locker room. Once dressed you can sit down in one of the booths with hair dryer, big mirror, small mirror, towel and tap. I'm telling you I love this place.

On Saturday I might go watch a football game. But not just any old football game no - I will be watching Freddie Ljungberg play! He's just moved to Japan and is playing at an arena not far from here! Hello fellow Swede! Maybe he'll remember me from our last encounter in London 2008? Hmm...we shall see. If he doesn't remember me now, he will after Saturday, rest assure!

In other news there was a welcome party tonight and there is a welcome party tomorrow. Lots of welcoming for international people. They're basically mingling parties and strike me as a bit forced. Literally shove a bunch of strangers in a room, provide drinks and food and make them talk to each other. But I met some really nice people today who promised to take me to tea ceremonies and make Korean food for me so I really won't complain. Maybe I can go to IKEA (there is one in Yokohama), get some meatballs and make a proper Swedish meal for one of them? Or tacos. The most popular dish in Sweden. Food culture for the win!

I've learnt all the basic Hiragana now. Only about 20 or so combinations of them left, but that should be easy. Yay me! But I heard I will have to learn the other alphabet, Katakana, for lesson 2...bloody hell! I'll have no free time at all! Buu!

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment