2011/09/11

starbucksing in hiyoshi

Five days and I thought it was about time to explore Hiyoshi, the area where I live. This mission also gave me an excuse to go to Starbucks (as if I needed one!). I discovered that it is very expensive. Like...not a little expensive. but very. 340 yen, i.e. £2.73 for a black filter coffee. Looks like it will be a caffeine reduced year. The cutest thing was that they had the normal sizes - tall, grande, venti - and then there was a fourth one - SHORT! How adorable! That minuscule cup was only 300 yen, so probably a solid option next time. Nevertheless, I do appreciate this Western presence in my area, and it is Western with an Asian twist: there is green tea frappuccino and other Japanese takes on the standard Starbucks products. Amazing!





Menu outside a restaurant
Food shopping!

So. Much. Food!


Dessert.

Pretty house
It's a pomegranate tree. A POMEGRANATE TREE!




Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment