2011/09/20

lazying

From 32 degrees yesterday, today the temperature dropped by a whopping 10 degrees! Rain, grey sky and a slightly chilly 20 degrees have characterised this Tuesday in the East.

And with grey weather comes laziness. Stayed inside my room until 3pm writing and watching tv-shows, but ultimately decided that it would very sad indeed if I didn't leave the house at all. I mean, in Sweden or UK it might be fine (and it has happened on several occasions, but with mitigating circumstances such as exam period or immediate time after ACL reconstructive surgery) but I'm in fricking Japan! So what did you get up to in your year abroad? Yeah, man it was mental - spent it inside a 10 sq. metre room! Nah, I don't think so.

So, feeling adventurous, I ventured out in the real world where people have a purpose, deadlines, a must-go-to - and went to the gym. Did my stuff and then ventured back to my little shelter. What a globetrotter I am! I did get a lot done today though, writing-wise. Tomorrow is the last cramming of Hiragana before the test on Thursday, and then classes begin! Exciting times!

Also, yesterday I may have come out officially as a bad cook, but I'd like to retreat back into the closet. Tonight I managed to make something really tasty! With more than two ingredients! Buckwheat noodles with soy + garlic fried mushrooms, beansprouts, cabbage, and thin sliced fried tofu. It was so good I had to compliment myself. I will probably be eating this every day now until I come up with another amazing recipe in like (well let's be honest here) at least a couple of weeks.


Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment