2011/09/29

courses

Introduction week is over and Monday is the latest day to hand in our course registration. The decision...has been made. Dam, dam, daaam! After long and careful consideration, I have decided upon the following (given that the class tomorrow isn't terrible):

  • Basic Japanese I-1
  • Basic Japanese I-2 (I don't have a choice - take one, take the other)
  • Elementary Orthography I (essentially drawing practice; paint by numbers...but without the numbers)
  • Basic Japanese Conversation I (tomorrow's class)
  • Japanese Literature (without the literature, oh ha ha)
  • Arts Workshop (favourite course so far!)
  • Introduction to Japanese Cinema [from the 1960s]

    7 courses - the minimum - mostly because a. there are no other courses I particularly want to take and b. I want at least one day off per week (Tuesdays) so am dropping the culture course with the insect-like seriously passionate professor who likes to use sports metaphors. A little sad, but I also do enjoy free time when I can go to the gym, write or go watch basketball etc. After all (and it sounds so bad to say it, but it's true) I'm not here to study, not really. So all in all, pretty happy with the selection. At the moment the most important thing is to get as much Japanese language training as possible, and with four courses, I think I'm all set.

    Jo x

    No comments:

    Post a Comment