2011/09/26

tough monday

One class today as mentioned: Japanese cinema. Best one so far. The teacher is Canadian and looks a lot like Tim Gunn (click here) from Project Runway. He's got that same semi-gay enthusiasm as Tim has, plus the grey hair. Considering I have two friends and will have two teachers from Canada, I'll probably end up losing my British English and come home speaking like them. I do prefer Canadian to 'regular' American though, so I guess I could be worse off.

Otherwise it was a quiet day. Just done some Japanese, watched some anime (with English subtitles, mind) and eaten the salty herring (liquorice sweet) from IKEA. Already running out of my stash but that's a good thing. Aren't you supposed to lose weight in Japan? I guess I have special powers...

More classes (read: class) await tomorrow. Trying a culture course with a professor who, according to his own notes in the course booklet, is "passionate about the subject". I bloody well hope so 'cause he did his BA, MA and currently working on PhD on the subject. Either you're passionate or just plain and simply nuts.

Also getting my Keio hoodie tomorrow. 'Been there, done that, got the hoodie' type of thing. And maybe a t-shirt. And tracksuit bottoms. Maybe.

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment